Ana içeriğe atla

The Body Achieves What Your Mind Believes

Your body achieves what the mind believes! This is such a true statement.

Life doesn't promise easy but prepares you to become stronger through the process. Obstacles will be part of your life and fitness, but you can overcome with strength and determination. 





A Personal Share

Why do I post this particular picture? It represents achievement, strength, and determination to overcome obstacles in my life. This is one of my most cherished photos shoots with Gene X of Orange Photography.

I was celebrating many things including my 45th birthday. More than that, I achieved what I thought impossible overcoming a year of physical struggle from injury. This was my true celebration of recovery, happiness and moving forward in my life overall. 

Overcoming Obstacles


I have a cervical injury (double fusion) and unfortunately, another disc herniated above that area. This left me disabled for a year. I was told it would most likely be permanent without reconstructive surgery.

It was a horrible time in my life and all I could do was lay on ice packs and pray. I refused surgery and determined to heal myself through physical therapy and rest. Long story short, it was one of the most painful years physically and emotionally as an athlete. I felt stripped, fearful, and suffered daily. 

I refused to give up, had daily talks with God, and a great neurophysical therapist by my side. Together, through pain, ice, tears, and perseverance I began my journey of creating a new me.

This was definitely a push through the pain to get to the other side moment. My faith dwindled and feelings of hopelessness were almost a daily occurrence in the beginning. After several months of therapy, I began showing signs of improvement. Each week produced baby steps of physical repair.
  

Staying Positive

During this time I really embraced the positive power of everything positive (if that makes sense). I've always been a positive person, but going through the process of injury and recovery seemed to magnify it 100x more. Triumphant is a great word! My recovery was one of the most amazing feats of self-improvement accomplished in my life

Motivation


Why do I share this story? I want to inspire, encourage and motivate you. We have all experienced things and sometimes we are brought to our knees. The important message is to never give up hope.

The circumstance may seem dark at the beginning because you're unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Another thing is we will never understand the reason why some things happen. What remains important is how you respond to the obstacles of life. This is what makes us healthy people.

Acceptance and Strength


Although there are many things I am unable to do, I embrace those things I can do. Recovering from injury or illness will be a struggle but there is renewed strength stemming from our determination to overcome.

Celebrate the new person you have become and without even knowing it, you are motivating others going through similar circumstances.  

Remember you are never too old, it's never too late, or circumstance too difficult to become your best healthy self. It may be different compared to before an injury or illness, but it can be better. Focusing on being positive and doing what you can at your current fitness level is what matters.

Life is pretty darn good and giving up just isn't your option. You may feel like quitting when life feels bigger than you. Those feelings are valid. It's ok to go through the motions of the feelings but realize they are temporary. You eventually need to will that strength and determination deep inside yourself and power forward. 

Obstacles are difficult, challenging, and often painful but you are stronger. You can accomplish great things, become better, healthier and fitter than ever before through your journey.

Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Remember to subscribe and never miss a free update.


Be well and Stay Healthy
   



Yorumlar