Ana içeriğe atla

Why Peanut Butter is a Big Part of My Sports Nutrition

I absolutely love organic peanut butter and eat it almost daily. I'm even guilty of eating a tablespoon straight from the jar. Peanut butter just so happens to be one of the best sports nutrition superfoods. It's a rich source of healthy fat and quality plant protein. Did I mention it tastes amazing!


I can be very creative with peanut butter adding it to oatmeal or mixing with protein powder. Eating healthy fats like peanut butter is one of the ways I obtain essential nutrients that maintain my fitness.

Did you know good fats help boost your metabolism to more effectively burn body fat? Unfortunately eating fat has received lots of bad press and blamed for making us fat. Not true. There's a difference between fats that help keep us healthy and fats contributing to being unhealthy. Compare a donut to a handful of raw nuts for example.

Healthy fats like peanut butter and other nut butter are shown to promote good health. Another thing to keep in mind when enjoying peanut butter is portion size. I don't sit around with a spoon in my jar until it's gone, although tempting. We can enjoy our good fats but just like with all macro nutrients, eating the right amount to maintain our fitness is essential.

Good fats have numerous health benefits and studies show can help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, hypertension, joint pain, and boost our immunities. The nutrients contained in peanut butter provide our body with protection from many illnesses including certain cancers and neurological disease. It's also shown to reduce our total cholesterol, specifically LDL cholesterol (the bad stuff) and triglycerides.

My love affair with peanut butter began with 'PB and Js' and still remains to this day. Mom wasn't far off with the importance of eating this healthy fat. It has helped me maintain my physical fitness over decades. I use peanut butter toast prior to and even following my workouts. I also enjoy a tablespoon when craving something before bed. If I want to create my own peanut butter cup, I toss a few dark chocolate chips on the spoon for an awesome treat.

I realize some have peanut sensitivity and allergies and therefore can't consume peanut butter. However, there are a wide variety of other kinds of nut butter just as nutritious and satisfying. Peanut butter works for me and my healthy lifestyle and probably the easiest healthy snack I eat daily. 

Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Remember to subscribe and never miss a free update. 

Be well and Stay Healthy






Yorumlar