Ana içeriğe atla

Healthy Living! from EPRD for June



Maggie the intern takes on this month's Healthy Living! newsletter

Hello! My name is Maggie Buenger and I am an intern for EPRD. I'm taking over Healthy Living! for the month of June and am going to give my insight on how I live a healthy lifestyle. 

Finally ,we have put away our snow boots and broken out the hiking boots! Summer, my favorite time of the year, means participating in all that the outdoors has to offer. Read on!

Healthy Body


If you are traveling this summer, one way to stay active is to check out hiking trails each state has to offer. This list compiled by HealthMagazine shows the best day hikes in all 50 states. See the list here and start planning your next vacation!

Healthy Mind


During the summer, I get a break from reading textbooks and get to indulge in a good novel (finally!). Reading during the summer keeps my mind healthy and active. Check out 16 must-read books for this summer from ABC News. 

Healthy Eating

This dish combines my two favorite foods, tacos and watermelon, to create a tasty summer meal. It's healthy and refreshing. One review states that it is "a mouthful of summer"! Look at the recipe!

Healthy Parenting

With technology and electronics playing a huge role in kids' lives these days, it's hard to get kids to enjoy the outdoors. Parenting Magazine shows parents simple ways to get their kids to love the outdoors again, even if it is right in the backyard! My love for the outdoors started at an early age and so can your kids' passion for being outside.

Healthy Aging


Water aerobics is not just for older folks, as many people think! Even I, at 22, change up my workout to fit in water exercise. It's easy on the joints but gives you a full-body workout. The American Sports and Fitness Association shares how it is for all ages! EPRD offers a wide variety of water exercise classes. 

Healthy Giving


Summer is the perfect time to clean out your garages, barns and sheds. My family cleans out our garage and barn every summer and we donate all unused items to Goodwill, Evergreen Christian Outreach (EChO) or the Mountain Resource Center, right here in Evergreen! Not only can you donate your unused items but you can volunteer as well. Here's how to donate.

Healthy Planet


One thing I love about Evergreen is the amazing wildlife that surrounds us. We are so lucky to be able to see bison just down the road. The Denver Post explains the renovations being done to enhance viewing of the bison that live beside I-70 at Genessee. Go take a look at the new calves today!

Yorumlar