Ana içeriğe atla

Morgan


02 fitness You may recognize Michelle Morgan as Lou Fleming on the TV show Heartland, now broadcast on GMC, where she works on a horse ranch in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta, Canada. Trim, slim, and beautiful, the Calgary native’s

You may recognize Michelle Morgan as
Lou Fleming on the TV show Heartland, now broadcast on GMC, where she works
on a horse ranch in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta, Canada. Trim, slim, and beautiful, the Calgary native’s favorite thing about working onbthe show is not, surprisingly, getting to hang out with horses. What she really loves is the closeness of the cast and crew. “It’s like a second family to
me,” says Morgan.
Nor is horseback riding one of Morgan’s fave fitness activities. She grew up snowboarding,
surfing, biking, and practicing yoga, though these days, she and her fiancé, Derek Tisdelle, have a
new hobby: keeping up with their 10-month-old daughter, Mara, who often tags along on walks with
Morgan after a day on the set of Heartland.
Morgan is also involved with Be Heard!, a workshop she developed for Calgary women’s shelters
to help residents build confidence
. “I started doing drama workshops because I’ve found that it’s a
really fun way to get women to speak their minds,” says Morgan, who is planning to start new programs again soon.


What is your favorite way to stay fit?
Morgan: Before Mara, my favorite ways to stay fit were to ride my bike everywhere and to snowboard, and I’ve always been someone who likes to hit the gym every once in a while. But it’s changed since I had a baby. Right now I’m doing the P90X DVDs. I also go to a boxer’s workout class, and, with Mara,
it’s nice to go on walks every now and again.


What five food items are always in yourkitchen?
Morgan: Soymilk, spinach, oatmeal, apples, and imitation crab. I love oatmeal for breakfast. I eat an apple every single morning, and the imitation crab is a really quick, easy way to make a wrap, or I can put it on a salad.

What’s the top guilty food pleasure you couldn’t live without?
Morgan: Well, first of all, I don’t feel guilty about eating. I try to eat well and allow myself to eat
richer foods without feeling guilty. I can’t go to a birthday party without eating a piece of cake! If you
are just always eating the same boring food, what’s the point in that? Life’s meant to be enjoyed.


Who has been the biggest health/fitness/ food inspiration in your life?
Morgan: My naturopathic doctor, Giselle Lily Lefebvre, ND. She taught me a lot about how to
shop for groceries and incorporate fresh vegetables and other healthy foods into my life. She took me
grocery shopping and showed me different things I could try and how to eat them.

How do you fight stress or relax at the end of a crazy day?
Morgan: I play with my daughter. I like to just come home and hang out with her and take her for walk.
And maybe have a glass of wine.

What’s your favorite recipe?
Morgan: I really love quinoa with tofu steaks and stir-fried kale and broccoli. And I top that with a
nice kind of a garlicky salad dressing called Simply Natural Organic Goddess Dressing. The other sauce I use for cooking is a great gluten-free marinade and
seasoning sauce called Bragg’s. I marinade the tofu in Bragg’s and then I grill the tofu steak.

What book is on your nightstand right now?
Morgan: Steven King’s On Writing. As an actor I’m surrounded by creative people and scripts. It’s
something I want to get into and develop my own projects. I’m actually not a huge Steven King fan, but I plan on reading one of his novels after reading this.

Yorumlar