Ana içeriğe atla

KaDee Strickland


KaDee Strickland  From picking tobacco in a Georgia field to playing Charlotte King on ABC’s Private Practice, KaDee Strickland knows a thing or two about hard work and making things happen.  Strickland grew up in the small one-stoplight town of Patterson, Georgia, where she discovered her love for the performing arts while participating in a one-act play at her local high school. After graduation, Strickland attended the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, worked part time at a local restaurant while interning at a casting agency, and eventually moved to Los Angeles in 2003.



 From picking tobacco in a Georgia field to playing Charlotte King on ABC’s Private Practice, KaDee Strickland knows a thing or two about hard work and making things happen.
Strickland grew up in the small one-stoplight town of Patterson, Georgia, where she discovered her love for the performing arts while participating in a one-act play at her local high school. After graduation, Strickland attended the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, worked part time at a local restaurant while interning at a casting agency, and eventually moved to Los Angeles in 2003.

While she has appeared on shows such as Law & Order: Criminal Intent and All My Children and in movies such as Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid and The Grudge (meeting her husband, actor Jason Behr, on the set), Strickland finally came into her own with her prominent role on Private Practice. While she loves acting, both for the experience and the people with whom she works, Strickland says her favorite part of being on the show is trailing the director and learning about the direction process (KaDee Strickland ).

“The thing that’s been so exciting is coming in on my days off and watching the actors,” she explains. “When you sit back and watch, these guys are unbelievable.”
Strickland also likes the challenge of trying to be someone else. “The most important thing for me is that I project the character I’m given,” she says. “It’s very clear who Charlotte is. She’s been given an abrasive personality, and she’s been put through physical and emotional hell and has come back as an amazing person. It’s all about giving these characters a heartbeat and making them something that viewers can relate to.”


TD&N: What’s your favorite way to stay fit?

Strickland: Variety. For me, if I don’t do a little something every day, I can’t function well. At the very least, I try to take a light walk. I’ll do weights. I’ll do yoga. I’ll hike. A dance class is something I’d love to do.

TD&N: What five foods are always in your kitchen?

Strickland: Olive oil, almond milk, spinach, asparagus, and cilantro.
TD&N: What’s the top guilty food plea­sure you couldn’t live without?
Strickland: The one thing that I cannot resist is the vegan peanut butter cups at Jamaica’s Cakes [in Los Angeles]. I used to love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups as a kid, but these things are unreal. I can’t have dairy, and these are gluten free. When they have a fresh batch, there’s really nothing better in the world.

TD&N: Who has been the biggest health/fitness/food inspiration in your life?

Strickland: You know, honestly, my husband because we work hard and we play even harder. There’s a lot of satisfaction in taking care of ourselves If he needs to rest, he rests. But if he feels he’s got energy to burn, then he does. It’s always great to be in his company when it comes to the way he takes care of himself.

TD&N: How do you fight stress or relax at the end of a crazy day?

Strickland: A bath in Epsom salt crystals. I can’t keep enough of those suckers in my house. I love them, and they truly work for me. I’ll go to the grocery store and buy like six bags, and the lady at the counter looks at me like I’m crazy. 


TD&N: What book is on your nightstand right now?

Strickland: It’s really two. I’m looking into two different places to go in Europe—France and Italy. The Lonely Planet series is amazing when planning to travel.

TD&N: What’s your favorite recipe?

Strickland: There are so many that I make. The thing I’ve been using around this time is parsnips and celery roots. I’m really seasonal about what I cook, so that’s been my go-to these days. [Note: We spoke with Strickland in spring.]

TD&N: Do you have a favorite blog?

Strickland: There’s one for health and wellness. It’s called AshleyKoffApproved.com. It’s great! It informs me in a realistic, healthy way about how to best utilize nutrition. There are also helpful hints about food allergies, pregnancy, mothers, and busy folks who need to sustain energy—ways to achieve the best version of your body without fad diets or over restriction.
KaDee Strickland  Deborah R. Huso

Yorumlar