Ana içeriğe atla

EPRD Blogger Tries a New Class - STRONG by Zumba

 Get STRONG!

These windy days and colder temperatures are driving the EPRD Blogger into the Rec Centers in search of ways to maintain overall fitness in a more comfortable environment. Today she tried STRONG, by Zumba, taught by EPRD fitness instructor Regan Jones.

Just ... wow.
Let me be clear here. I have tried Zumba, and enjoyed it, but it is so fast and the dance moves so intricate that the coordination-challenged EPRD Blogger is always a couple of steps behind. More than a couple, really. I like the distraction of the music to keep me from thinking about the pain in my body and to help me push harder. But I often find myself missing entire Zumba sequences while I stand there trying to figure out what's going on, simultaneously dodging flailing arms and legs all around me.


STRONG by Zumba™ combines high intensity interval training with the science of Synced Music Motivation. In every class, music and moves sync in a way that pushes you past your perceived limits, to reach your fitness goals faster. But this is not a dance class, and is much easier for a non-dancer to follow. You work every muscle, burn calories, stretch and jump and twist and push and pull, covering the gamut of cardio, strength, core and flexibility. When it was over, I was dripping with sweat, but everyone in the class was smiling. Clearly a hit!


Afterward, I overheard a sweaty participant saying to Regan, "I wanted some strength work but I didn't want to give up the cardio. This was perfect!"


In the lobby, I heard two other women talking about how they loved the class and how awesome Regan is as a teacher (she teaches several other classes during the week, and has loyal followers who take several of her classes every week.) 
STRONG is offered Wednesdays, 9:15-10:15 AM at Buchanan Park Rec Center. If you have kids, Playschool is available for an additional fee. 

Learn all about STRONG.


Yorumlar