Ana içeriğe atla

Maintaining a Healthy Perspective About Fitness is Important


I adopted a healthy lifestyle years ago and never looked back. Today it's my state of being and natural existence.

In fact, my passion for health and fitness has become my occupation. When you do what you love, it really doesn't feel like work. It's a sharing and teaching of how I live my life. It feels awesome to be able to provide this gift to so many people.


How I Feel About Fitness

I am realistic about health and fitness. I don't teach perfection but celebrate progress. Fitness is not about a restrictive lifestyle but a healthy balance of eating right most of the time and regular exercise.

I also don't believe in taking fitness to an extreme where it feels like a burden. What I do encourage is a positive mental game and a healthy perspective about health and fitness. This includes enjoying the food you eat and the exercise you perform. Living healthy should feel like a happy daily existence.

I Stay Realistic About Food Intake

I am all about eating organic, non-GMO, and cooking at home. This allows me to be in control of what I'm eating and selective with splurges. Life and fitness are about balance and indulgence is part of the equation.

Being selective with splurges gives me the freedom to decide if my calories will go toward a favorite dessert or even an adult beverage. I certainly will not turn down a piece of my Mom's homemade lemon meringue pie. I also enjoy a nice glass of red wine during the week on occasion.

I do my best to eat healthily and sometimes this means my food isn't always organic. Realistically, unless we're growing our own food in untainted soil, none of us are truly 100 percent organic consumers.

We can get too complicated with food intake which is actually a problem with eating healthy today. As long as your focus is on doing the best you can, that is good enough.

Workouts are Effective Not Extreme

I believe workouts can be effective without being extreme and drawn out. I don't spend endless hours in the gym to maintain my body. In fact, studies indicate an effective workout can be completed in 60 minutes or less. I also feel my workouts are a healthy outlet and not a punishment for eating crappy. I make sure to get in 4-5 workouts per week with at least two recovery days. I would describe my healthy lifestyle as realistic, sustainable, and mentally positive.

My Best is Good Enough

Doing my best means doing what works best for me and my body. And that's good enough.

Fitness is individual and not universal so we can't compare our fitness programs and results with another person. The truth is we could all eat the same, and perform the same workouts, and not look the same.

Doing my best is based on daily personal improvements and that is the beautiful part about health and fitness. It will be different and look different for each of us. And the acceptance of this is so important for self-love and body positivity.

Thanks for stopping by my Blog and don't forget to subscribe and never miss a free update!

LEAVE A COMMENT
         


Yorumlar