Ana içeriğe atla

Running and Other Stuff

I am dreaming of clear, dry pavement and sidewalks. Literally. I actually dreamed that I was running on a clear sidewalk with my running friends. And when I was on the treadmill yesterday, I was cooking up ideas for how to run outside without slipping in the ice or sinking in the snow. I was thinking I could invent a small snow plow that hooks to the front of a bicycle and I could find a cycling friend who would cycle ahead of me, clearing my path to run in the snow…Don’t judge!


I miss the days when I would wake up early, drive to meet my running group and run the streets of Richmond (2 weeks ago). Stuck at home, the treadmill is pretty loud, plus I crank up the TV volume, and well, we have teenagers in our house. So, I wait a while to start my run. I know some of you who have little ones have big question marks over your heads right now. It will happen sooner than you realize. Those sweet little darlings who cling to your leg now, are going to wake up at noon one day and growl at you when you say good morning to them. Or make sure you can hear their dramatic sighs when your treadmill wakes them up. Enjoy them now.


Anyway, this morning I can hear the snow plows in my neighborhood. This means 2 things. 1. I will probably have to go to school tomorrow, but on the bright side, 2. I may get to run outside in just a little while! And strange as that sounds to non-runners, it is a sacrifice I am willing to make.


Missing school is not good for a lot of students.  We joke about how we love snow days, but there are children who have a better situation at school than they do at home. And some who rely on the meal programs that public schools offer. Just saying that when we go back, there will be some students who will feel very relieved to come back to school.


Personally, I have issues with schedules. Yeah, I know we have to have a start and end time for school, but I don’t like having a start and end time for myself. I like the freedom of dictating my day. The hardest part about having a job, for me, is the structure. I despise it. It limits me. I know, some people love structure. Good thing. But, I am not one of those people.


Not sure if the plows will actually clear the roads enough for a safe run. I may try it out or I may hop on the “mill”. That’s right, she has a nickname now. And she’s a she. Not sure why.


So, to sum it all up. I’m going to run today, I have mixed feelings about going to school tomorrow and I am bonding with my treadmill!



[Via http://judithisbell.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar