Ana içeriğe atla

Go for the Gold!

I love watching the Vancouver Olympics! Winter athletes are insane. Really. I mean, who thinks to themselves, I am going to strap myself to a board, some skis or a sled, and I am going down an icy slope with a bunch of moguls and sharp turns and maybe at the end, I’ll board up a wall and fly off the end and flip over 4 times and then land on my feet!?


Amazing. Not only are they all talented, but they have this incredible ballsiness. Yeah, I couldn’t think of a better word for having balls besides balls. I know that caters to testosterone, but, I mean Lindsey Vonn uses mens’ skis… enough said.


And the other thing about winter athletes. They are so animated in their interviews. Did you hear Bodie talk about the Tanya Harding incident?  They seem to have so much fun with what they are doing that they can’t contain themselves to turn in a reserved interview. They have this untamed thing going on. It’s awesome!


And cross country skiing! I can’t believe they are basically running a 15K in the snow, with skis and poles. Up hill, down hills, around turns. These athletes must have the best overall fitness. Think about it. UP hill in the snow, with skis and poles. I would want to ditch the equipment and just run up the dang hill!


Don’t they motivate you? I am so motivated when I watch these amazing people.


It’s makes my running feel a little anti-climactic. I need to step up and make it more exciting. So, here’s my plan. Tomorrow, when I head out, I am going to spend a little time loosening my muscles. Do you notice how most of them do some little jumpy thing before they compete. I’m going to do that. And while I’m running, I’m going to play the voices of the commentators in my mind. And at the end, I’m going to pretend like I had the fastest time, I’m going to raise my arms, and scream and cry! And jump up and down. Some guy did that on the medal podium. I thought that was cool. Or maybe I’ll fall to the ground and lie there for a while. I’ve seen that a lot too. Very dramatic. Yeah, I’m going to add some enthusiasm to my daily runs. I am going for gold tomorrow. I’ll let you know how I do!



[Via http://judithisbell.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar