Ana içeriğe atla

Day 17 - Shoulders and Arms

This is a really good arm workout, and a good break in the week from all the workouts that have me gasping for breath.  I was able to increase or match my  numbers from last week in every exercise.  I’ve really been pushing it this week, and definitely notice that my chest and back are still sore from Monday, and my legs are weak from yesterdays plyo.  We’ll be able to add shoulders and arms to that list tomorrow…possibly just in time to shovel snow!


I was actually feeling pretty good when ab ripper x time came around, and it showed.  It was my best showing to date.  I cranked out 288 reps, and even increased the intensity of the leg climbs a bit by going from a straight bottom leg to a slightly bent one.  The bicycles continue to be a weak point though, and I tried to pace myself a bit by stopping at 20 on the first way…and struggled to get 20 in reverse (with a small break or 2).


My nutrition plan is going well, and after hanging out with Tim on Saturday, I’ve realized that I haven’t been paying as much attention to some things as I should.  I was eating 6 servings of egg whites each morning, but since a protein is supposed to be about 100 calories, I was actually eating almost double what I needed to (each serving is 30 calories).  I was also a little light on my carbs whenever I ate bread, because we have light wheat bread in the house, so it’s 70 calories for 2 slices.  Since a carb is supposed to be 200 calories, I should be eating more than the 2 slices I had been consuming.  I’ll be keeping a closer eye on the calories now, and will probably take a day or two where I try and get an exact number of calories I’ve been eating as a baseline.  But I’ve been eating well, and working out hard, and it’s led to me sleeping better at night, so all in all, it’s been a good experience.  I’ll probably weigh myself in the morning to see if there’s been any change in that measurement in the past week or so, although like I’ve probably said before, I’m shooting for getting leaner more than just losing weight.



[Via http://likethebeanp90x.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar