Ana içeriğe atla

Run, Run Maria, will the foot make it today?

Wake up.

Roll off the futon mattress.

Slip my shoes on.

And I’m out the door.


1.5 miles and a cool down walk later I’m untie-ing my running shoes to survey the damage and try to make a decision about next weekend’s race.


The verdict? No pain in my foot after running today (I used the new insole), but I’m going to do another short run in the morning before making a decision.


I’m super excited to be hitting the road again, but I obviously don’t want to hurt myself. Racing next weekend would be nice, but running Tokyo is my goal!


Breakfast

Knowing I was doing a really short run, I exercised on an empty stomach which I never do. I was so hungry when I got back from running this morning.


A really big bowl of oatmeal sounded so good. I threw the oats and water in the rice cooker and let it do its thing while I showered.


Of course it had to be served up with a mug of coffee. Only appropriate.



Oh you guys, this bowl of oats was epic. It took forever to eat, which was fantastic.


  • 1/2 cup Quaker rolled oatmeal

  • 1 3/4 cups water (a little too much)

  • 1/4 apple, chopped

  • 1 tbsp peanut butter

  • 1 tbsp Hodgson Mills Wheat Germ with Cinnamon and Ground Flax’

  • ground cinnamon

  • vanilla extract

  • a few chopped almonds

Majority of the morning has been spent dancing around my apartment like a total nerd to Christmas music. I never got this excited about Christmas music back in the U.S. As a matter of fact, I was self-proclaimed hater of Christmas music (you can thank the department stores that begin playing it the day after Halloween!). But today it has been glorious to hear the familiar tunes and get jiggy with my bad self. (Emphasis on the bad.)



Time to go pick out a Christmas tree and buy decorations. We’re getting our apartment all decked out for the holidays today!


What’s your favorite Holiday song?













Yorumlar