Ana içeriğe atla

A leg up

I slipped into the empty group exercise room at my gym the other day to mix things up a little bit. I wanted a different workout that really targeted my legs, and I’d been in the mood for some jump rope. I love jumping rope because I feel like it strengthens my ankles and calves, and it’s an easy way to work up a sweat. My college kickboxing instructor had us jumping rope all the time, but I hadn’t practiced much in the years since then. If you need to brush up on the basics, here’s what the American Council on Exercise has to say about it.

My workout went like this:


  • 100 jumps (both feet)

  • side squats across the room and back, holding weights

  • 100 jumps

  • walking lunges

  • 100 jumps

  • step-ups with weights (20 each leg)

  • 100 jumps

  • Repeat 2-3x

My legs felt like spaghetti, so mission accomplished!


- albledsoe



[Via http://fittobetried.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar