Ana içeriğe atla

Copier Meltdown and Running Strong

Yesterday, I did not have my finest hour.  The new copier at work would not do what I wanted it to do, and I had a complete breakdown.  I think fatigue and PMS had something more to do with it, but that copier not doing what I wanted was the final straw.  The tears came streaming down, and I could not stop them.  My friend, Kara, came in and thought the tears were about my father-in-law, who just had surgery.  She laughed after I told her about the copier, and she said, “Well, I am so relieved to know it isn’t your father-in-law.”  The weird thing, I felt so much better afterward.  Sometimes you just need a good cry.


Today, I ran a 9.3 mile trail race at Fort Ben.  I ran my fastest long run time pace at 11.27 minutes per mile.  That isn’t breaking any land speed records, but for me, through the woods and on hills, it is awesome!!  I did strain my ankles, but I think it is minor.  Oh, and I almost got lost again (see Running Through the Woods blog).  I was looking down, so that I wouldn’t stumble on some tractor tire ruts, when somebody started yelling, “Left,” and I looked up to see I was headed for the horse barn.  The race was so much fun; it was a perfect morning for running.   My goal is to always try and not be last.  Today, I was second to last, but I wasn’t last!  :0)













Yorumlar