Ana içeriğe atla

Lets Get It Started In Here

Okay. Its the day after Thanksgiving Black Friday, and Carlos Whitaker’s blog here mentions the Pre Christmas/Pre New Years challenge. Loswhit has inspired me several times this year, given me pause to think and or reflect in others. Today’s challenge is no different.


Its 30 days.


Its easy. Yet hard. Makes you think and reflect on where and what you need to improve upon. And I think I’m up for it. Here’s how it works.


Choose 3 bench marks you would like to measure those 3 areas with and blog/tweet/facebook/whatever about them twice a week.


Come to my Ragamuffin Soul 30 Day Holiday Health Challenge post and use the widget at the bottom of this post to simply place a link back to your virtual space so our readers can easily go see your progress as well.


So measure the areas, blog/tweet twice a week about the progress? Easy enough… I think.


Well, here goes- My 3 goals?


Physical – Well, I’m in week four of being into running. This week I ran a 2.5 mile goal. Felt pretty good. In 30 days I will run a comfortably paces 5K. (That’s 3.1 miles- I’m not too far off). The 2.5 came pretty easy but I found the psychological aspect came into play- Needed to keep myself motivated to push on past the 2 mile mark. Mental talk.. conditioning.. Knowing you can do it.


Spiritual – To continue in my spiritual growth. I think my prayer time is generally good, but as with most other things, you can always do more. To take more time and to not give God my “leftovers”, as Francis Chan calls the half-hearted, sleepy, rushed prayers we often give. One other thing I’ve been thinking of starting is following Elevation Church’s “B90X” program..Its an intense Bible reading, that will take you cover to cover in 90 days. The original idea came from biblein90days.org where it’s called “B90″. I like the “B90X” title…reminds you of the exercises of spiritual discipline. (Here’s the link to a neat .pdf schedule- http://bit.ly/109fAo )


So I’m up for it. I was going to wait until January to start, but like loswhit said in the video, why wait to get started??


Relational – Here’s a bit of a challenge for me. First I need to be more honest with myself. I need to take steps to make amends for some things. I need to develop and strengthen some relationships with people in church and personally that God has blessed with getting to know, and with that comes a stringer bond, with like minded believers, who also will be a better focus on priorities and in leadership.


Not too much all at once. After all, I only have 30 days to get started. Sound intriguing? Its easy to get on board with Carlos and myself and dozens of others from around the net.


And hey, it beats complaining about holiday weight gain and saying “wait til new years” over and over.


What are you waiting for between now and Jan 1? Nothing.


Let’s roll.



[Via http://edwardkoczan.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar