Ana içeriğe atla

Mistake 3: Training Volume That Doesn't Fit Your Needs



Mistake 3: Training Volume That Doesn't Fit Your Needs
The correlation between performance and recovery is a popular topic these days, and Fraser suggests you look not only at what you're doing outside of the gym, but also at your actual training for improvements in this area.

"A big thing that led to better recovery and performance was working on the things I needed to work on," says Fraser. "Doing things exactly the way the top guys in your sport are doing them doesn't mean you will see the same results. Odds are they're doing the things they're doing because that's what they need to work on."

Mat Fraser training with barbell
Fraser suggests you analyze what your own deficits are. Ask yourself how you can get better at them. Then, figure out the volume of work that fits best for you—not someone else. This is where better recovery comes in.

"My recovery improved when I realized volume isn't king for me," he says. "It doesn't really do anything for my performance. I tried to train at the same volume as some of the other guys, and it didn't produce the results I was looking for. Now, I train smarter, which for me means lower volume. That helps keep my body feeling its best."

Yorumlar