Ana içeriğe atla

Personal Fitness and LOVE/hate running


I am the sort of guy who doesn’t look terribly different at 215 or at 195 pounds.  One reason is that I’ve got a big frame, I’m 6′2″, so I just look like a big, studly guy, regardless.  (Back off, ladies, remember, I’m engaged).  With the Christmas ups and the marathon training downs of late 2009 behind me, it’s now a matter of finding a healthy place.


At 195 pounds, I’m “technically” overweight, though I feel like a million bucks – I look slim, my pants fit wonderfully, and I have tons of energy.  At 205, things are a bit snugger, but I crave running.  At 210 or 215, I become a size 37 waist (making all of my pants not fit) and I become a sloth.  It’s interesting what a little bit of lifestyle and weight can do.


Future Mrs. Myall Road is envious because I can maintain my weight, with 10-20 miles per week of running, at about 2500 calories a day.  For those who aren’t totally obsessive calorie counters, that means I can have my cereal, my sandwich/chips at lunch, my big dinner, and a snack, and be under the limit.


The point is, as everyone knows, there is a snowball effect here, which is why weight bounces.  When I LOVE running, it’s easy to lose weight, and at lower weights, I love running more.  At higher weights, I love it less, and it all snowballs.


I’m just ready to stay in running shape, stay in size 36 jeans (maybe even with the belt pulled tighter than usual), stay south of the Mendoza weight line, and stay healthy for 2010.  It’s got to be a lifestyle, rather than a resolution.  So if it’s running, the new P90X craze, or even, as some crazy people do, both, working out and staying healthy can’t be something I do to “be good.”  It just has to be something I do.



[Via http://myallroad.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar