Ana içeriğe atla

My New Running Buddy


Meet Eva, my new running buddy.  She’s a dachsund mix, weighs about 35 pounds and is a foot tall.  Her legs are about 10″ long.


Every time I got tired jogging today, I’d look down at Eva just trotting along and think “How does she walk as fast as I jog when her legs are only ten inches long?!”


It was hugely motivational.  That and the old lady that raced past me.  That and remembering the wii fit telling me that my body won’t train itself.  I laughed at it the first time, then realized how true it is, that doing nothing isn’t getting me anywhere.


So W3D1 was VERY hard, but wasn’t impossible.  I took about 20 seconds of walking rests in a few installments.  I think I’m going to take some inspirations from the RLR ladies and take not rush myself and risk injuring my knees (which like to be injured).


I’m also very thankful for Conan’s encouragement to press on with Week 3.  Knowing somebody is there watching and being encouraging is so meaningful.


For the next week, I’m focusing this week on visualizing a successful Week 3 jog.  I have been listening to Gregory Boyd podcasts and he talks a lot about positive visualization, and using your imagination to break new ground.  I’ve found him to be a great coach in an odd way.  Oddly, I like podcasts much better than music for jogging, not knowing what is coming makes it feel less predictable, and I find myself at the end of the jog much sooner.


I visualize myself pushing through each run, and wanting to quit, but pressing on, feeling like rubber, sweating like a dog, and taking pride in another successful week.  So here’s to week 3 with my new running partner (who makes me feel safer at night), and making it to week 4!


Oh, and of course, my Follow Friday recommendations!


  • Requiemm – Conan, C25K road warrior extraordinaire.  I already feel like he’s a good friend.

  • JennyGetsFit – She sells Beach Body products, but she also is really knowledgeable and answers any and all fitness questions.  She’s very encouraging and a great motivator.

  • SkinnyJeans – She posts great fitness articles, tasty recipes and convenient reminders that help keep me on target.

  • JenniferNobile – She keeps a sweet blog and just started the South Beach Diet!  If you’re doing SBD, stop by and share some love with her!

  • JeronKerridge – This guy makes me want to join a gym, which I totally can’t do, but I am certainly inspired by him.  Another great motivator.

  • MissCarolynC – MissC lives near me, and one of these weekends we’re going to do yoga together.  I adore her, and she’s so cute and funny!  She’s also really skinny, which isn’t what I”m going for, but it would be awesome if I were skinny and could run, too!  She’s a better accountability buddy than Eva Love, and smells better too.


[Via http://sareece.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar