Ana içeriğe atla

A Quick Leg Session. Saturday, January 30.

I was in a rush on Saturday – just an hour in which to complete my workout as the gym closes early. And errands to run, anyway. But I still managed a reasonable little leg session.


In the gym, by myself:


Warm-up: Smith squats, no added weight x 15 (I know, I know, Mike. I’ll do better next time.)


Smith Squats: Bar +50 lbs. x 12; +70 lbs. x 12; +90 lbs. x 10


Leg Press: Sled + 90 lbs. x 12; + 180 lbs. x 12; +230 lbs. x 10 (you can tell from the weights that this is the kind of leg press I like – old-fashioned, with lots of back support.)


Romanian Deadlifts: Olympic bar + 20 lbs. x 12. Range of motion was limited by the squat cage, so I tried them off a step. But it was awkward to reach the bar for the initial lift, and I tweaked my back. So I switched to:


Dumbbell Deadlifts: 25 lbs. x 12; 35 lbs. x 10; 45 lbs. x 6. This was problematic, too, though from the point of view of my upper body. Lifting the 45 lb. dumbbells off the rack was a challenge as the rack is almost at chest height – and of course, it never occurred to me to lift them off one at a time…. I did, however, clue in and re-racked them one at a time. But I feel it today.


Stability Ball Hamstring Curls: 12; 12. Only two little sets, as my back was bothering me from the original deadlifts.


Stretching: Cobras, Upward Dog, Side Knee Drops with a Hold.


The End.




[Via http://musclegirl.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar