Ana içeriğe atla

Sprang forward into an amazing weekend!

Hey guys! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend, and if you live in a state that lost an hour of sleep today (I do), I hope that it is not effecting you too much. I for one have had the best weekend! My work and training are my two priorities throughout the week so on the weekends I like to really make the best of my time and go have fun!

Friday when I went for my B12 injection, I weighed and lost 1 pound! Normally I would bummed with one pound, but last week I lost 5.2 so I knew this would probably not be anything, so 1 pound was a welcome surprise, especially with my RLS complications. Once work was over on Friday, Kels and I went to the mall then uptown with her boyfriend Drew to the Epicenter. We went to "Studio Movie Grill". We had a glass of wine before the movie at the lounge and once seated, we ordered dinner and the wait staff brought the food during the movie. It was an awesome time, I have only done something similar to that one other time. I loved the way the theater was decorated! There were pictures of famous movie stars everywhere. I had to snap Marilyn!






Saturday morning I was up bright and early. I had an awesome work out. I did 50 minutes of cardio and upper body weight circuit. Friday was so rainy, deary, and cold. Luckily yesterday was absolutely beautiful. A light breeze, upper 60's, and the sun shinned bright. I was happy to be able to walk to the gym again!


After I got home from the gym, I got ready then Kelly, Drew, and I went to Gold Hill, NC to "Morgan Ridge Vineyards". We had tickets for a tour and wine tasting. I was so excited because though I love to drink wine, I have never really been to an actual vineyard. I was looking forward to this all week - can't you tell! Ha.


We had the absolute best time. The vineyard and farm are so, so beautiful. It would be the perfect place to have a wedding or fancy party. We had a lot of different wines, the staff was extremely friendly, I loved being out in the country like that again. My favorite type of wine was a peach type wine they offered. Drew was not much into the wine so he kept to his beer flights, ha!








I got home from the vineyard around 8:30 PM. I had dinner and was exhausted after. However, since I have been on the go the last couple of weekends so much, I have neglected giving my apartment a deep scrub. It was driving me crazy so I made myself do it. I cleaned for an hour and a half and really wore myself out so I went to bed shortly after.

This morning I slept in until 10, had breakfast, and got ready for my favorite activity - hiking. Unfortunately, my friends who were supposed to go with me were really hungover. Ha. But that didn't stop me. I am on a mission to become better than I have ever been and though I am not there yet, every day I am getting closer, so I had to go! I normally would not recommend anyone to hike alone, but I know the trails very well and go a lot, so I knew I would be OK. I still called my mom and gave her a detailed description of what I was wearing and that I would call her when I am done. I then, took off! 

It was an amazing hike. I actually prefer going alone. I blasted my music, prayed, talked to God, thought about life, and it was so freeing. Hiking is so hard to me and every time I get to the top of the mountain, I am so proud of myself!




Once I made it to the top, I said a little prayer. "Dear God, I know I complain to you... a lot...but today I wanted to say thank you so much for two able legs, a strong heart to push on even with I have fallen on top of a huge rock, tripped over 56 smaller ones, tripped over 46 tree roots, and almost puked the last quarter mile to the top". Ha. Like I said, it is hard to me, but I love it. I enjoy it so much. After I finished, I put the top back, blasted my country music, and relished in the 45 minute drive home. I am beat.



I just got in from grocery shopping, now I am going to soak in a bubble path, then get food prepped for the week. After that I plan to veg out with all of the amazing TV shows that are on tonight. I am so excited REVENGE is back! That show is like crack to me. I also excited for the show coming on before it, "Resurrection", it looks really interesting. I have to ice my knee too - I was not kidding when I said I fell on top of a rock. I tripped (because I am so graceful) and fell right on it. Go figure! Have a great week!

Yorumlar