Ana içeriğe atla

Back for more

Adult Fitness this past Monday hurt so good for two days afterward -- my arms, my abdominals, my quads, my glutes -- that I went back to Buchanan Park Rec Center for more this morning.

Susan took us through a totally different workout, doing lower body, then upper body, then core -- 25 reps apiece of many exercises, including backward and sideways lunges, "mountain climbers," weight work, balance work, jumping jacks, a variety of sit ups and crunches, and more. Then we did the whole thing again, 10 reps each. A little yoga was thrown into the mix -- sun salutations, which include plank and downward dog and feel as though they are stretching and strengthening every muscle from your neck to the bottom of your feet (because they are). She also added some general stretching at the end.

Susan does NOT cut us any slack; she works your body to the edge.

It was tough. I know I will feel it tomorrow. One woman in the class told me she has more energy since starting the class. "I love eating, too," she confesses. "This class allows me to eat without gaining weight!"

Since the point of my being here is to supplement my running/riding habits, I find it perfect. I plan to come back again and again. join me!

The 6:30 am Adult Fitness class is a group that works out hard, jumps in the shower and then heads off to work. The 8 am class is a little more social -- more chatting and verbal encouragement, and they even go on train excursions and do fun things together. Choose your poison and try it!

Sorry, no pics today. It's a very private group, and I was too busy working out!

(Note: EPRD has a new policy requiring people to wear wristbands if they take fitness classes. A few people grumbled about it so I asked -- why? It turns out that there have been quite a few people sneaking into classes, or taking one class and then staying for the next, and the Board decided it needed to try something to track payment better.)


Yorumlar