Ana içeriğe atla

Lean, Clean, Protein Breakfast Casserole

I am a very hyper person. I am high strung and I like to be go-go-go constantly. Monday evening was my off day from the gym. I came home from work, finished laundry and dishes, and as I was looking around my kitchen, I had a wild hair come up. I decided to throw some ingredients things together and try a new recipe. 

I absolutely love cooking and creating healthier ways to eat our already favorite foods. I like to enjoy what I eat. When I first started eating "clean" years ago, I would eat plain chicken, plain green beans, and so on. I would get so bored with it that I would not eat it. Then I would get to the point where I would go so long without eating, that I would binge or eat bad foods when I finally did eat.

That is not good. Thus I have made it my mission to create healthier, cleaner, and delicious foods for everyone to enjoy. This is so you (and I) can have a healthy lifestyle.

This recipe has to be one of my favorites to date. I think it is out of this world delicious, and like I tell everyone, every time I post a recipe - make it to your liking. You can add or subtract ingredients as you wish. I personally wish I had mushrooms lying around my apartment when I made it.


What you need:
(Crust)
1 cup coconut flour (gluten free, Paleo friendly, very healthy, packed with fiber - love it)
1/4 cup coconut oil (Natures fat burner, this stuff is magical)
1/4 cup Earth Balance Omega-3 natural butter spread 
1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
(Topping)
3 whole eggs
5 egg whites
7 pieces of turkey bacon - crumbled into small pieces
1/2 cup reduced fat Feta cheese
4 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese 
Spices of choice (I used Garlic and Wine seasoning)

What you do:
1) Preheat over to 375 degrees 
2) Spray standard baking pan thoroughly with nonstick spray and set aside
3) Place butter spead and coconut oil in a small, microwavable bowl, and microwave for 30-45 seconds until melted.
4) Take a large bowl and with a spoon, mix coconut flour, coconut oil, butter spread, and Almond milk altogether until you a thick, wet texture
5) Pour in baking and mash around until bottom is thoroughly coated.


6) Place crust in the oven for 10 minutes. While the crust is cooking...
7) Rinse the large bowl previously used (or use another) until clean.
8) Place 3 eggs, 5 egg whites, feta cheese, spinach, bacon, and spices into bowl. 


9) Whisk until eggs and everything are mixed


10) Remove crust from oven (once the 10 minutes are up), pour protein mixture over crust, and top with low fat mozzarella cheese.


11) Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes (mine only took 30, but this could vary)
12) Remove casserole from oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!


Nutrition Facts 
Serving size: 7
(will vary based on ingredients and brands used. This is to be used as a guide, only)
Calories: 310
Fat: 9g
Carbs: 6g
Fiber: 14g
Protein: 29g

Yorumlar