Ana içeriğe atla

A Weekend of Happiness, a House Party, and Hiking!

What a great weekend! It was busy and super fun, just how I like it. Friday I thought they day would never end. It was a long, long day. I went to visit on my doctor on my lunch hour for my B12 injection and to weigh. I weighed exactly the same this week as I did last week, however, I did lose 1.4 pounds of pure body fat. That is incredible and made me so happy. My training has been extremely intense lately so I'm building muscle and dropping the fat. For now, I am still at 40.2 pounds lost since November 25th. After work, it was my rest day from the gym so Kelly and I did some last minute shopping for Drew's birthday party, then we all went to dinner uptown at this restaurant called "The Liberty". We split appetizers and even had dessert. It was so good! We ended up staying there talking and laughing for almost three hours.




Saturday I was up pretty early and I cooked for Drew's birthday then took off to Crowder's to go hiking. I was rested and ready for a challenge. I decided to do the dual trail that I did the first time I ever went hiking there which was exactly one year ago. The first time I went it was with Kelly. We did not really know what we were doing. As our luck would have it, we picked the dual trail, which is one of the most strenuous and longest trails. It was so hard. I slowed Kelly down a lot, I was constantly having to stop, and I was in tears because I was getting so frustrated. I did not enjoy it. Over the past 6 weeks that I have been regularly been hiking, I have done a lot of trails, but not the particular one that I did the first time I ever went. I decided that it was time to conquer it. It is 10 miles total. And I did it! I did a fast walk up the entire time and I did not stop once. It was incredible. I cannot believe how much my body has improved. That difference astounds me. I was so proud that I was teary eyed at the top of the mountain. I would have loved to see how many calories I burned, but my polar band has decided to stop working, ugh!






After my very long hike I finally arrived home around 4 PM. I was out of my mind exhausted, however there is no rest for the wicked. I took a shower, got glamorous, then took off to Drew's friends house for his birthday. Kelly is my best friend and Drew is her boyfriend. Drew is also a close friend of mine. He and his friend Andrew had a joint birthday party for their "dirty 30". It was the best night; a house party total 1999 style. I haven't been to a house party in forever. We listened to 90's rap, played pool, drank, ate delicious food, danced, talked - I loved it.







Today I have been exhausted all day. Plus I am so sore. My hike has really caught up with me and I am paying for it today, but it feels great. I have stayed home most of the day and scrubbed my apartment and food prepped. I did rearrange my dining room... again. I think this is the third time in a month? Ha.



How was your weekend?

Yorumlar