Ana içeriğe atla

The Downside To Walking 10,000 Steps A Day

Doctors and researchers have advised us to take a minimum of 10,000 steps per day to stay fit and healthy. Everyone always talks about the great benefits associated with these extra steps, but never about the downside. I bought a pedometer a few months ago and have reached my daily step goals on a consistent basis. Here are some of the negative side effects I have noticed.

1 - None of my clothes fit me anymore

Three months of walking did something strange: it caused all of my clothing to become way too big on me. Now I find myself needing to fork over hard-earned money to replace my wardrobe with smaller articles of clothing.

2- My waking shoes are actually getting worn out

I have a pair of shoes that I use for after dinner walks. These shoes have been with me for years with no troubles. Inexplicably, they are worn out and need to be replaced.

3 - I am missing out on some of my favorite TV shows

I find myself with so much extra energy that I don't want to sit in front of the TV for hours on end. I find myself at places like museums and farmers markets instead, while I miss more and more of the plot lines on my favorite shows.

4 - Junk food has lost much of its appeal

I just don't get the same amount of pleasure from downing an entire bag of chips at one sitting as I once did. Maybe that has something to do with #3, since I normally did my junk food eating on the couch in front of the TV. I actually found myself planting vegetables in my backyard the other day! This type of behavior was never part of my usual routine before I took up walking. The walking must be to blame. Now what will I do with all those healthy vegetables I grow?

5 - I'm meeting neighbors that I have lived near for years for the first time

People I have never met are being friendly to me and cheering me on. Strangers are becoming friends and they tell me how great I look now that I lost 20 pounds. This is just strange behavior that I have never encountered before I starting walking around my neighborhood.

6 -???

Ok, so I can't seem to come up with a sixth negative side effect. The truth is, I am very much enjoying all the healthy side effects of walking. I am amazed at how one healthy habit leads to another. Taking 10,000 steps per day is helpful by itself, but the true benefit lies in how it can lead to an all-around healthier life-style.

Heather Krasovec, creator of http://best-pedometer-reviews.com/, is dedicated to helping consumers find the best products to stay fit and healthy.

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert

View the Original article

Yorumlar