Ana içeriğe atla

Week 2, Day 2

Well, Day 2 is Plyometrics.  You may remember from my blog last week that my first attempt at Plyometrics KICKED MY BUTT.  I was only able to do 10 minutes after the warm up and then had to switch to the Cardio DVD.


So I went into the workout today with a lot of trepidation.  But I KICKED it this time.  I made it through the entire workout.  Not only that but in all but about 3 or 4 exercises, I kept up with Tony and the gang.  Now, by “kept up” I mean in pacing only.  I am not able to jump as high or move quite as far as they do, but just being able to keep the pace was a tremendous improvement.  I did also have to pause during the breaks.  At one point I checked my heart rate and it was 180.  I decided I wanted it under 150 before starting the next sequence.


Actually in retrospect, I probably gave up a little too easily last week.  Tony gives a bunch of warnings at the beginning and the warm up itself is a little more intense than in some of the other DVDs, so I think I defeated myself.  I fear that to be my Achilles heel throughout, as I can easily see myself letting small setback derail me.  Being aware of this is my strength.


One interesting side note, I am noticing that my breathing and heart rate appear to be recovering faster this week.  Or maybe its just wishful thinking.


Bring it!













Yorumlar