Ana içeriğe atla

Back in the saddle - Friday Edition and a bike maintenance tip.

Driving home in the rain last night I was frustrated.  You see, I had to drive to work two stinking days in a row!  I’m tired of that Jeep!  Actually, for the last week I’ve been in it a lot.  I changed the oil on it 8/14, and since that point I’ve put approximately 880 miles on it.  I know at least 350 of them were the trip to Rocheport, and it got driven pretty heavily the two days I was off work prior to the weekend.  I think I probably put about half of those 880 milies on in the last week, so I was just getting tired of it!  Compound that with the extremely wet roads yesterday, the wind, the extra couple of miles over to Dad’s house and driving down Kearney Street at 5:00 and I was so happy to get back on the bike this morning for the commute to the fitness center and work.


The trip home was actually one that I wasn’t looking forward to because the wind was howling.  When I ran with the group at lunch, it was straight out of the south, which meant I would have a rough time of it.  Luckily, by the time I left this afternoon, it had shifted to the west, which actually made much of the ride home a lot of fun!


To get myself in the cycling mood, I went down last night and cleaned the KATY Trail off the bikes we used Monday and Tuesday and change the flat tire that I came home with on mine.  They were a mess, but it actually came off a lot easier than I expected.  My original intention was to use a bucket and sponge, but when I moved one in preparation for cleaning,  I realized that the dirt and mud was caked on and dried, so it was actually easier to wipe off with a dry cloth than it would have been with a sponge.  I just had to be careful not to scratch the paint with pieces of grit.  After I got all the junk off, I went back over each one with Pledge to put a little coat of wax on them, then cleaned and lubed the chains.  They’re all pretty again…until the next time!


Hey, that reminds me….did you know that Pledge furniture polish is an awesome bike cleaner?  If not, you ought to try it some time.  I use the spray cans, and it’s usually a pretty quick process to clean up a bike pretty nicely.  I just spray a rag and use that to wipe down the bike.  When you’ve finished, you can tell it leaves a light coat of wax as a protectant. 


The best bike cleaner available!


God bless….


TW













Yorumlar