Ana içeriğe atla

My Skin Care and Makeup Regimen

Throughout my time blogging, people have asked me what I do and use for my skin and makeup, so I thought now would be the perfect time to share. I know I write a lot about how much I love makeup, and I truly do, but I don't get crazy with it. When I was doing makeup for a living, I loved creating new and fun looks, but now I just don't have the time, ha. My two favorite brands for skin care are Clinique and Olay and for makeup: Urban Decay and Smashbox. 

Healthy skin is the most important of anything cosmetic related.


Contrary to popular belief, I actually do not always wear makeup. I wear it for work everyday and when I go out at night with my friends for a night out, but I never ever sleep in it and I think I look fine without it. Above all of the makeup in the world, healthy skin is my priority! 


This was Sunday evening before bed, I used my brand new face wash I bought over the weekend and I am in love. I have used it 4 nights and I am already seeing a difference at the evenness of my skin tone. Plus it helps fight aging; that is always a bonus. It is "Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash". Buy it here. It is hands down worth every penny. I made this post before I bought this product so it is not included on my initial picture. And my cat likes to sleep on my head every night, it is in fact really weird. 

  • I wish my face every evening and in the morning. 3-4 times a week I use the Target brand facial scrub for blackheads, and all of the other times I use Clinique for oily skin. I also exfoliate once a week and I use Clinique for that as well. I have very oily skin and since I wear makeup almost everyday, it is important to exfoliate. 
  • I always use toner. You would be surprised at how much dirt will still be on your face after washing it. I use Neutrogena's toner after washing. I use the acne one since I still have acne and break out issues sometimes. I have been using this since I was a teenager; it's great!
  • Moisturizing ones skin is so, so important. A few times a week I use Olay's Pro-X anti aging cream and the other times I use a gel from Garnier Fructis. Like I said, I have oily skin and using a gel as a moisturizer is better for me sometimes. I use Olay's Pro-X eye cream every morning and evening as well.
  • I am a former tan-a-holic. I never tan anymore and skincare is my top priority. However, I love keeping a sexy, tan glow. Famous Dave's is the only brand I will use. I am constantly asked about my skin color and what I do to keep it bronzed all year long. Famous Dave's is completely it. It is natural looking and amazing quality. 
  • I use Smashbox's foundation primer every morning. This stuff is amazing and I swear by it! It keeps my foundation looking fresh and beautiful all day long. This is one of my most favorite products.
  • I love liquid foundation and Smashbox is fabulous for it. 
  • I use Mary Kay's translucent powder over my foundation. It keeps my skin from showing oil and getting shiny.
  • I use Lorac's "TANtalizer" for my bronzer. I only apply it on my cheekbones. I absolutely love it. I recently starting using this product and I am hooked. It has a "highlighter" with it as well (it is a duo compact) but I rarely ever use it.
  • Urban Decay's makeup "stay spray" is perfect for when you're doing an all-day event or going out for a night out on the town. It's a good quality product. I usually only wear it when I am going out.
  • I have been using L'Oreal's eyeliner forever. I love it and will always use it. It's only about $9 and last forever. I hate pencil's so I like how this is retractable. 
  • I also like Urban Decay's glide on eyeliner as well. 
  • I am pretty basic with my eyeliner. I usually only wear black and do not do crazy things with it.
  • I am pretty basic with my eye shadow as well. I love a sexy brown smokey eye and deep purple. 
  • I buy an Urban Decay pallet once a year and use it for the majority of my looks.
  • I love Ulta's single eye shadow colors as well as Smashbox's "nude colors".
  • I recently received an awesome eye shadow compact in my Ipsy bag (the one on the far left) I am surprised at how much I like it!
  • I take lashes very seriously! I have never worn fake lashes, nor would I ever. I just don't think it's worth it. 
  • I swear by Lancome's "Cils Booster". If this product was ever discontinued, I would literally cry. This is the primer for my lashes and my conditioner. It also assists in making your lashes look darker. This product is top notch quality.
  • I never buy full size mascara products. I purchase and obtain "trial" sizes whenever I can. Since the brushes are shorter, I am able to pull on my lashes harder; therefore it significantly lengths and thickens them.
  • Lancome and Smashbox's "Full Exposure" are my top 2 favorites, but I also like Clinique's main brand.
  • Nyx is my favorite brand for lipstick. The colors are so fun! It lasts and it does not make my lips feel "caked up". Nyx is cheap and usually buy 2 get 1 free at Ulta.
  • "Slivery Moon" by Clinique is a standard of mine.
  • I get pretty random with my lip colors and brands. 
Now that I have listed my regimen and favorite products, what are some of yours?

Yorumlar