Ana içeriğe atla

A Springy, Sunshiney Weekend Recap

It has been an excellent weekend! Friday after work I started my weekend by kicking booty at the gym. I did 45 minutes of cardio and an upper body weight circuit. Afterwards I went back to my apartment to get glam then I met my girlfriend Alexis at "City Tavern" for a cocktail. I opted for a vodka tonic and it was so good - it was my first drink in 3 weeks. I have no real reason as to why I have not been drinking lately, I just haven't. I even went to a wine tasting with my family last weekend and didn't partake! I thoroughly enjoyed my drink though. It was a beautiful evening for a cocktail on their patio. 


After, Alexis and I went to the movies to see "The Other Woman". That movie was SO good! If you have not seen it yet, go grab your girlfriends, and make an evening out of it. I was laughing out loud the entire time. Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann are awesome together; and Kate Upton was super cute. Most of all, I loved the story about friendship. Friendship with my girls means everything to me so I was all about this movie. I can't wait for it to come on DVD. Also since I am a cinema junkie, I have a Regal card. I had a ticket for a free popcorn so Lex and I decided to split one. The cashier "upgraded" my free small popcorn to a large and holy popcorn! I have never seen anything like that! Who could eat that much popcorn?! She and I barely made a dent in it, ha!


Saturday morning I went to the mountains to go hiking. I had 10 miles on the agenda for the day. And guys I have to tell you, it was a hard hike. My body felt kind of tight, achy, and just tired. I only had one small cocktail Friday night so I know it wasn't that. Mentally I was ready to go because I love hiking so much, but my body was not in sync. I hiked up the mountain, sweat pouring off of me - because I was tired, the hike was that much harder. Then, when I was coming down the mountain I kept yawning! I tripped like a million times as well. I have gotten good about hiking over the rocks and not tripping over all of the tree roots, but yesterday I was off of my game. However, I did it! I pushed through the whole time and I did my 10 miles. I always feel amazing when I push myself to keep going, even when I want to stop.





I finally arrived back home at 4 PM. I did some things around the apartment then accidentally fell asleep on the couch for quite a while. When I woke up I was still tired and felt soreness kicking in, so I took a long bubble bath, watched a movie, and went to bed pretty early.

Because I fell asleep early, I woke up around 8:30 this morning. Since it was my rest day from the gym and I had a lot of errands to do, I decided to do my hair, makeup, wear a cute outfit, and make a day out of it!



I met my girlfriend Brooke at "Brixx Wood Fired Pizza" for a bottle of Pinot, pizza, and some girl time. Again, it was another beautiful day so we of course had to sit outside. We ended up talking for hours. My pizza was delicious too - spinach and arugula on whole wheat crust. I love restaurants that offer healthy alternatives! 



Once Brooke and I parted ways I had a ton of places to go. I went to Old Navy to use my Old Navy cash, a local produce stand, GNC, Ulta, Michaels, Target, and Harris Teeter. It felt like one of those days where I ran out of everything! I got it done though!


Now I am waiting for my last bit of food prep to finish in the oven then it's another bubble bath for me and my Sunday night shows. How was your weekend?! Linking up today! 

Yorumlar