Ana içeriğe atla

Almond Butter Banana Protein Pie!


This is what happened what I got home yesterday evening...


Yesterday I took the evening off from the gym. When I have evenings off from the gym during the week (which isn't a lot) I like to get creative in the kitchen. I have been craving a new dessert. I love almond butter and I had some bananas that need to be used before they went bad. Thus I put my thinking cap on and created a fabulous new recipe. I think you guys will love it. It's super easy to prepare and requires no baking. This will make a great break option for me since I am not a huge breakfast person. Also, if you make this without the crust, it is only 80 calories a slice! Wow!


What you need:
  • Reduced far graham cracker crust (optional)
  • 3 bananas 
  • 1 scoop of protein powder (I used SNI Cake Batter flavored whey)
  • 1/4 cup of PB2
  • Two packs of almond butter (or two tablespoons)
  • You can use all peanut butter if you wish; almond butter is healthier though. I used PB2 (instead of all almond butter) in the recipe to save on calories, fat, etc. 
  • 3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 2 squirts of Stevia (or 2 packs)
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • Dark chocolate morsels (optional)
What you do:
  • Slice one and a half of the bananas 
  • Place sliced bananas and 1/4 cup of almond milk into a blender and mix until smooth
  • Pour mixture into a large bowl
  • Slice the remaining banana and a half 
  • Place sliced bananas and 1/2 cup of almond milk into the blender and blend until smooth
  • Pour the mixture into the same large bowl.
  • Add the rest of ingredients into the same large bowl.
  • Mix everything together either with a large spoon  until smooth OR by placing all of the ingredients back into blender 
  • Pour mixture into pie crust

  • Place into freezer for 3-4 hours
  • Enjoy!
  • I recommend keeping the pie in the freezer and taking a slice as needed. It thaws quickly and could melt.
Nutrition information
This will vary based on ingredient variations and brands used. This is to be used a guide only.
  • Serving size: 1 slice. Servings per pie: 8
  • Calories: 180
  • Fat: 8g
  • Carbohydrates: 19g
  • Fiber: 2g
  • Protein: 8g
  • If you make this without the crust:
  • Calories: 80
  • Fat: 5.5g
  • Carbohydrates: 4g
  • Fiber: 2g
  • Protein: 7g
http://peridotkutie.blogspot.com/

Yorumlar