Ana içeriğe atla

Freaking Delicious, Lean, Turkey Meatloaf


I never knew I could be so excited about a square of meat.

But I totally can.

This meatloaf is freaking delicious. 

The thing is, I forgot all about this meatloaf. Growing up, the thought of meatloaf repulsed me. To me, "meatloaf" does not sound fun or inviting. However, my mother makes the best meatloaf in the world. She would pair it with her made from scratch macaroni and cheese and I was in pure heaven. Last week, I was on the phone with my grandmother and she was telling me that mama was in her kitchen making meatloaf for she and my grandfather. A light bulb went off in my head. I immediately made my grandmother put my mom on the phone so I could write down my her recipe. I decided to add and subtract ingredients so I could create it in a healthy, clean way. It worked! First try too! (that rarely happens).

Friends this meatloaf is easy, delicious, lean, packed with protein, and I can almost guarantee your husband, kids, dogs, cats, mistress, cousin, sister, and uncle will love this. 

  • 1 pound lean or extra lean ground turkey
  • HALF a pack of meat loaf seasoning
  • 1/8 cup of bread crumbs of choice OR 1 slice of bread broken up into little pieces
  • 1 egg and 1 egg white
  • 1/2 cup of Unsweetened original almond milk 
  • Low sugar ketchup OR Sriracha sauce (healthier option)
  • Optional: any vegetables such as onions, peppers, etc. that you want to add. I don't like anything that "crunches" in my meatloaf thus I have omitted those.
What do you do:

  • Preheat over to 375 degrees
  • Spray small baking pan (8 x 8 or similar) with nonstick spray
  • Place all ingredients except except ketchup or Siriacha in a large bowl
  • Mix thoroughly with clean, washed hands until well blended
  • Place meat in baking pan and pat until meat has formed into the pan
  • Bake for 55-60 minutes
  • Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes
  • Lightly coat top of meatloaf with sauce of choice
  • Enjoy with your favorite sides for a hearty meal!


Nutrition information
Serving size: 4 oz
Servings per meatloaf: 5
This will vary depending on variations of ingredients/brands used. This is to be used as a guide only.
Calories: 155
Fat: 8g
Carbohydrates: 4g
Fiber: 0g
Protein: 20g

Yorumlar