Ana içeriğe atla

Minimize Your Workout For Maximum Effect

I have been on a quest to get in shape for years. I played basketball in highschool and was in amazing shape when I graduated. I went through college eating junk, chasing women (which wasn't much of an exercise) and sitting around watching Jerry Springer. After college I focused on my career and starting a family. Like many others I tried every piece of workout equipment that came along and every diet I could find. Some worked, some didn't but the ones that worked took a lot of time and effort that I didn't have.

I've been on a quest to find a workout plan that didn't take too long to do every day. It seems like I would never find anything that was simple and quick enough for my busy lifestyle. Finally, I had to say enough is enough and take matters in to my own hands.

The illusion that fitness instructors create is that you have to spend an hour a day in the gym following their workout plan. When you're charging $30/hour you can't have a client come in for 6 minutes and when you create a workout DVD you can't sell someone a DVD that has four or five exercises on it that last 30 seconds each. So the myth lives on that you can't be in shape if you don't spend a lot of time working toward being ripped.

Another myth is the "No pain, no gain" mentality. This is what we're told so we feel like what we're doing is working. Other wise you'd buy a workout DVD, do it one time and then tell your friends you don't think it worked.

The biggest problem is that 80% of the people who buy gym memberships never use it because they don't have time or it's too hard. Working out doesn't have to be too hard to work.

The truth is you can gain muscle and strength and live a healthier lifestyle and only put in a minimum amount of effort. I'm sure you've agreed with everything I said until now. Next time you have one minute to yourself drop down and do five push ups. If you can only do one then do one. If you are unable to do them properly then do them on your knees or up against the wall but don't do more than five. Try to do three sets of five your first day but spread them out. Do five when you wake up, five for lunch or when you get home from work and do five right before bed. It will literally take 20-30 seconds to do them.

You don't want to do them every day. If your muscles feel tired the next day then rest. Shoot for three to four days your first week. By the second week you should be able to increase the amount of push ups you can do. Once you've proven to yourself that you can do this add sit ups or crunches and squats. You will spend five minutes a day and work your whole body.

Tim lives in Orlando, FL with his wonderful wife and three daughters.

Tim Joseph
Minimize Workout

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert

Yorumlar