Ana içeriğe atla

Staying motivated

Motivation….hmmm a much needed item on the quest to a great figure for people like me who didn’t care to work out.   I have to be honest and admit that the only reason I started working out in the gym is because my husband bought memberships for the entire family.  My husband and sons are thin, I was the only one trying to lose weight.  I think this was his hint to me to do something about it.  I started going, they didn’t, because money was being wasted and we couldn’t cancel the membership.  I drudgingly went to the gym 3 times a week, hopped on the elliptical and watched a movie.  If the movie was good, I didn’t watch the dial on the machines, otherwise I watched as the time slowly went by.  I decided to start taking classes and fell in love with a hip-hop/salsa class.  Now, it’s not a problem for me to go to the gym.  In fact, I look forward to it…even on Saturday mornings!


Body Fact (in my opinion of course):  In order to continue your workout, you have to do something you enjoy.  I recommend trying different things to see what you like and to switch up your routine.  Try running, dancing, sports, volunteering such as building a house for Habitat.  One day of manual labor is definitely a workout. You’d be amazed to find out what you might actually like.  Plus, it allows you to try different things which may kick up  your social life as well.



[Via http://bodicheck.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar