Ana içeriğe atla

How did I find Zumba?

A few years ago I was living in Santa Monica, loving the warm, sunny days, long walks on the beach, hiking and being in the great outdoors.  That Brentwood park on the cliff was one of my favorite places to go!  But when I moved to Boston, I quickly realized that it was cold, no not just cold, freezing! out there in the gray, never ending winter. 


My mom had been taking these new fitness classes at her local gym in Maryland, where I grew up, and she was just raving about them.  Oh, you have to try this!  It’s the best and most exciting class I’ve ever taken!  And I trust my Mom when she says she likes something (I always know when she doenst too…we are good and honest like that with each other ).


I decided to try one of these mind-blowing classes in my local area…and well, to be honest, my mind wasn’t blown.  But oh, you just have to try it again! my mom says.  Really, it’s the best!  In fact, I’ve signed us up for the Instructor Training in Virgina with Azuka.  Say what?  Instructor Training?  I didn’t even like the class that much.  But all that was about to change.


Azuka’s class in Virginia changed my life.  Seriously.  That was the most amazing, incredible and fun workout I have ever had in my life!  So thanks Mom for dragging my little booty to the training.  After that 9 hour training I was hooked.  I couldn’t get enough class and practice time in to prepare for one day teaching my own class.  The music just made you want to move!  And it was fun to listen to as well.  I just remember walking to the T on a cold March morning to the latin beats of zumba kumbia and come on and dance.  What wouldn’t make you want to come on and dance with those kind of latin flavors?


After I moved back to the West Coast in search of warmer weather and the spectacular Golden Gate Bridge, I finally got my “break” teaching at 24 Hour Fitness thanks to Miss Carlie, the best GroupX Manager the world has ever seen.  And it has been a thrilling, sweaty, latin-inspired cardio workout for me ever since.



[Via http://zumbalicious.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar