Ana içeriğe atla

"What? No music at all?"


 


Ok so I get the 2009 Runner Handbook sent out by The Baltimore Marathon event peeps. They recommend you read it cover to cover. So I start reading a little. Then I see it…a “NO MUSIC PLAYERS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED”.


[Insert panic attack, hot sweats, cold sweats, dry mouth, gag reflex trigger, twitching, fatigue, blinking, sniffling, fever, body aches, nausea, and that pre-vomit salivation here: __________.]


Apparently they mean this so much they say you’ll actually be removed from the course and disqualified. Oh boy. My mind is racing. So many questions…


  • How can I cue the “Rocky” theme?

  • My whole pacing strategy was designed around my playlist.

  • What about the rest of the “Rocky” soundtrack?

  • How am I going to make it all that way without my 80’s hair metal?

  • What if I think I have to use the restroom? Music kept me distracted. Now I’ll be stuck thinking about what I might need to do and where I could do it if I absolutely had to and how I would find some semblance of privacy amidst an event expected to draw well over 20,000 people.

  • Did I mention that cueing various points in the “Rocky” soundtrack will now be very difficult, if not utterly impossible?

  • What? I am supposed to run13.1 miles while singing to myself? (That’s one way to end the event early for everyone.)

  • How on earth am I supposed to focus my Attention Deficit Disor…yeah, a cheeseburger would be awesome right now…












Yorumlar