Ana içeriğe atla

Weekend recap with a big haircut and announcement!

It was a lovely weekend for me!

It was the first weekend I have not had to travel in a few weeks. I was able to take it a little more easy than normal and enjoy myself. It was low key, but a lot of fun. Plus, I only gained a pound, but still lost in fat mass. The scale was probably up due to water. Normally, I would not be happy at ALL about gaining weight, but after my long Memorial Day weekend paired with 4 days out of the gym, I was worried. I have been back on the grind though.

Friday after work, I went to my stylists house to get my hair done. She has been working so hard at building her home salon and it is really coming together. I am so proud of her. She is literally the best with hair; she's taught at schools, managed salons, and is so creative. If you live near Charlotte and want her information, let me know. She can do anything.


My hair ended up taking about 4 hours. Ugh. And well, it is quite a bit of a change. I had 4 inches cut off, side bangs added, and no red streaks. 

Here is what I thought about it...


I'm not happy. I'm working on getting there, but it is hard. Luckily it is just hair and I know it will grow back, but I do not feel like me. I love my long hair and my red streaks. However, my ends were really fried and stringy, so the cut truly needed to happen. Now time to embrace it and make the best of it.

After, I did an Ulta trip. I had $200 points to use and Redken products were 2 for $22. Plus I was out of translucent powder. I love the Sulfate free shampoo, it is wonderful. It's light and does not weigh the hair down. Which for me right now is essential. If I have the short hair, I want it BIG! Also, for the first time ever, I tried Bare Minerals.I bought the mineral "veil" powder and it is so soft. I am really enjoying the product thus far. Of course I had to get a hot pink brush to go with it... hashtag true Fitness Blondie style!


I was in bed by 11 and slept until 10 AM on Saturday. I have no idea why I slept so late. Once I got myself up and awakened from my zombie-like state, I downed a Quest Bar for breakfast then walked to the gym. It was a gorgeous, sunny, and breezy morning. I lifted and did 40 minutes of cardio.


Once I finished at the gym, I walked back home to shower and get ready for the day. I tried to work and play with my hair to try and manage it to my liking. I did OK, but I am not content with my bangs yet.



Once I was ready, I ran by GNC then met my friends Karen, Johnathan, and Alexis at the movie theater. We went to see "Maleficent". Y'all I cannot rave about this movie enough! We saw it in 3D and that made it that much more spectacular. Angelina Jolie is majestic... breathtaking... perfect. The movie was just so awesome. I LOVED the story, graphics, and acting. I would love to go see it again and cannot wait for the movie to come on DVD. If you get the chance, go see it.

Before the show, I wanted a treat. I did not want to get a huge popcorn or drink, so I asked the cashier if I could get a kids box, and I was able too, ha!


After the amazing movie, Alexis and I went to one of my favorite neighborhood spots "Cantina 1511". It was a gorgeous, breezy evening, so she and I had dinner and a cocktail on the patio. There was also a cute guy singing and playing the guitar, so I mean, it was totally an all around win. Also, since Lex and I had movie tickets, we were able to get free guacamole dip. Unfortunately I had to pass because avocados give me awful, awful stomach pains... even though I love it. Ugh. It was cool though - the waiter made it right in front of us! I sipped on the drink to the left; a mint and strawberry Mojito. I loved it - it was refreshing and best of all, no syrup. I cannot stand cocktails with that syrup crap.





After dinner and music, I went to Target and Harris Teeter for my weekly groceries (I know, I am rockstar) then spent the rest of the evening watching George Lopez and Roseanne comedy specials on HBO. Ha!

Today I left around 11AM to go to my happy place; hiking at Crowder's Mountain. I had 10 miles on the agenda.




I made it to the top as usual. However, when I was coming down, I took quite a tumble. I tripped over a tree root (I think) and fell into a tree. I'm thankful the tree was there, because if it wasn't, I'm sure I would have kept going. To make the fall even worse, of course there was a big group of people slightly ahead of me who heard me fall so they all came over. I was thankful for them checking on me, but it was still so freaking embarrassing. I was slowly able to finish my hike and the damage just seems to be a slightly swollen ankle with scrapes on my legs. I feel fine; just a little achy and very tired.

Once I got home from my fun adventure, I propped and iced my ankle and legs for about an hour. I felt better so I was able to get my food prep and cleaning done.


Now I am finally settled down and able to rest. But I have one more thing...


What an amazing opportunity. I am so excited to be able to host this giveaway. This book is for everyone - men, women, black, purple, white, yellow, young, old, married, single - EVERYONE. It will change your life! Seriously, ask anyone who has read Dave Ramsey books or listens to his show. The giveaway starts this Wednesday at noon EST. More details follow then!

Yorumlar