Ana içeriğe atla

Clean Cake Batter Pancakes!


I received a special request from one of my best friends over the weekend to create a cleaner version of "cake batter" pancakes. I thought this sounded delicious so I immediately got to work. It was fairly simple to create, however, it is easy to mess up the taste. It was hard to keep the calorie count and carbohydrate count low because this recipe is two delicious, sweet things -- cake and pancakes. I made it work though!

A few things:
- I did not add protein powder to this, it made it too grainy. I would recommend having egg whites or lean turkey as a side for protein.
- I know I have seen low sugar cake mix on the market, I would opt for that if you can.
- The calorie count is a little higher than I would like it to be, however, the serving size is 3 pancakes and for 275 calories with 10g of protein, that isn't too bad.
- The recipe does not have that overly sweet, fake taste. That is what I enjoyed most.
- I did not add a glaze like you may see on other "cake batter pancake" recipes. It adds unnecessary calories and sugar; the pancakes are sweet enough. 
- If you want something "wet" on top, I would recommend a sugar free jam or fat and sugar free cool whip.


What you need:
   - 1/2 cup of oats
   - 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
   - Dash of sugar and fat free pudding mix (for thickness)
   - 1 tablespoon of liquid Stevia or two packets of Stevia
   - 1 egg
   - 1 tablespoon of cake mix
   - 1 teaspoon of baking powder
   - 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
   -1 tablespoon organic/sugar free sprinkles of choice [found at most health food grocers]

What you do:
   - Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until you have creamy, well blended batter
   - Coat skillet with nonstick spray
  - Cook via stovetop as you would a regular pancake. I kept the heat on 5-6 and it took about 8-9 minutes.


Nutrition Facts
This vary based upon different ingredents, specific brands, and portions used. This is to be used as a guide only
Serving size: 3 pancakes
Servings per mixture: 1
   -Calories: 275
   -Fat: 3g
   -Carbohydrates: 46g
   -Sugar: 10g
   -Fiber: 6g
   -Protein: 10g

Try Quest Protein Bars!

Yorumlar