Ana içeriğe atla

Back to my Roots for Memorial Day Weekend!

Over the Memorial holiday, it was a 4-day weekend for me. I spent half of it back in my hometown with my family and half of it recovering and taking it easy at home. I was so damn tired. I love going 100 MPH because I am as high strung as one could possibly be, but I needed a recharge! 

Friday, I worked until 4 then hit the gym for a hard leg workout. I had to start it right! After the gym, I went by Target and GNC so I could knock some of my errands out, then went home to make dinner, clean up, and pack my suitcase.


Saturday, I drove back to my hometown. I stayed with my brother, and had a cookout with my family and best friend Jennifer. It was part a cookout for Memorial Day and part a cookout for my sister-in-law Amber. Her 21st birthday was Sunday! The weather was wonderful, we played cornhole, laughed, and made memories. There is nothing better than a down home, country cookout!










Sunday I drove to the next town over to visit my dad. I know I have not written about him in a while, but he is doing OK. He is doing the best he can with his cancer. He is out of work on medical leave and once that is up, he will have to retire-- but he keeps fighting. I admire that. I taught him the art of selifes while I was there, ha! We then had lunch with my step-mom. She made healthy turkey salad's. It was delicious as always and I love her, she is so supportive of my weight loss journey, and it means a lot to me!



Once I left my dads house, I went back to my brothers to get ready for a Harley Davidson event in Greensboro. They were hosting a bike show and Brantley Gilbert concert! Once again the weather was great and my sister-in-law, brother, and I had great time. Oh and while I was there I was recognized from my blog! That's the second time this year, very cool!






After the concert, I really wanted to go home. I was ready to be back in Charlotte thus I had the bright idea to drive back. I wanted to get the drive over with so I could enjoy two full days at home. It was a STUPID idea. I got home around 2 AM and did not go to sleep until after 3. On Monday I ended up sleeping until after noon, which I never do. I was exhausted, still sore from my leg workout, I was nonstop for a few days with a lot of driving, and it all hit me at once. I spent the day being very, very lazy. I did push myself to get groceries at Earthfare, create a new recipe, and food prep.



Tuesday was similar to Monday. More rest and doing things about the apartment. I thoroughly enjoyed my two days of taking it easy, but it was hard to get back on routine. However, sometimes we just need a break!


Try Quest Protein Bars!

Yorumlar