Ana içeriğe atla

My Six-Month Fitness Pledge

Fitness Goals:


-reduce my body fat to 6%


-develop balanced strength, focusing on all muscle groups


-to feel confident in the way i look!


Here’s what I will do to achieve those goals:


-Train intensely and train often


-Train without a gym membership


-Train solely in my Vibram FiveFingers KSOs


-Replace typical cardio with a sprinting routine


I move to New York City in six days, and naturally that also means I will be leaving my gym in Boston. At first I panicked and immediately went online to look at my options, but then I remembered that I will be leaving New York for two months in May. And then I thought to myself–why do I even need a gym when it’s warm out? I realized that I could do without one until at least October. I will follow a program comprised of bodyweight strength training and sprint training. My new go to online fitness gurus, Morgan Polotan and Mark Sisson, both have many resources on the subjects. I will also spend the months of May and June just outside of Asheville, North Carolina. This will provide me with good outside training weather, trees to climb, and [most importantly] a massive variety of hiking trails. From Mount Mitchell–the highest mountain on the east coast–to the Appalachian Trail–I will be doing a LOT of hiking. This will also provide me with a nice excuse to purchase the Vibram Five Fingers KSO Trek’s, designed especially for “off-roading.” Speaking of which, I have also decided to do away with traditional footwear where fitness is concerned, and train exclusively in my Vibram FiveFingers.


I look forward to keeping this promise to myself, and will be sure to log my progress on here! (This morning I completed a bodyweight circuit strength workout in my apartment)



[Via http://matthewkacergis.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar