Ana içeriğe atla

6 Day Body Makeover: Day 6

Day 6.


It’s the last day! Yay!


Really, it’s been less a week since I started this little jump start exercise “program” and I’ll be picking up speed from here. Since I don’t have the Insanity workouts yet, I’ll be using the P90X program. I’m not going to follow the P90x workout schedule, food system, or anything like that. I’m using the videos for my workouts to keep me active and as long as I’m doing something everyday and mix things up, I won’t be injuring myself.


So I’ll be maintaining the same level of exercise and food for the next week. I’m taking it one week at a time because thinking too far ahead makes me lose sight of the goal. I’m not on any major quest, I just want to be smarter about my health and my lifestyle. If it takes me 3 years to lose muscle mass and be “flabby,” then I don’t expect it to take 3 months to get it all back.


Slow and steady wins the race.


Food Plan


  • Breakfast: 3 egg whites “custard”, 1 cup chopped strawberries, 1/3 baked Lavash flatbread, and 1 cup soy milk

  • Lunch: Pan-fried tilapia, Herb mix salad, veggie curry, and 1 cup steamed rice

  • Snack: 2 mini pumpkin pancakes, 1/2 grapefruit with cinnamon and nutmeg

  • Dinner: 2 pork tenderloin medallions, blanched asparagus, and Trader Joe’s harvest blend (couscous, quinoa, orzo, and beans)

Since I did a double workout today, I thought I’d reward myself with some pork “steak”. I no longer purchase beef, but if I go out to eat and I want a steak, I’ll have it. Besides, I think the restaurants cook steaks better than I can.


Exercise Plan


I did the P90X Cardio X today and for being a 45 minute workout, it wasn’t so bad. When I did this the first time 6 months ago, I remember feeling a bit more tired than I am now and asked my friend “Is this the warm-up?” which is probably not the best thing to say when your friend is panting on the floor after the session.


But anyways, I think I’m better at cardio than doing strength training and I’m glad that there are different types of exercises to do during the 45 minutes. I kind of get bored running and jogging because I’m just doing the same thing over and over for 30-60 minutes at a time. Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing the sights as I move by, but it’s boring for my body.


I also completed the Ab Ripper X. Honestly, I thought Cardio X wasn’t enough…so I’m back for more punishment. I think my abs are pretty strong, though I can’t do all 25 reps perfectly. I’ll get there eventually.


Photos


I love what I eat and I eat what I love…there’s nothing wrong with that!


*Please don’t steal these photos, I took them myself and I’m very proud of how they turned out. At least email me and link back to this site if you’re going to use them.



Breakfast: egg white custard with strawberries, lavash flatbread, and soy milk



Lunch: Pan fried tilapia with Japanese vegetable curry, herb salad, and steamed rice



Snack: Mini pumpkin pancakes and 1/2 grapefruit with cinnamon and nutmeg



Dinner: pork medallions, blanched asparagus, and harvest blend



[Via http://shapeandmold.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar