Ana içeriğe atla

HIDDEN DANGERS AT THE GYM

This is simply a warning to anyone who goes to public gyms, especially 24 Hour Fitness.


I have been a member of 24 Hour Fitness since 2007. I am on contract with them until next year, but since the beginning of this year, I signed myself up at LA Fitness. 24 Hour Fitness, being open 24 hours, doesn’t really do a great job of cleaning their equipment. I’m sure this is why they supply the members with spray bottles to clean the equipment before and after each use. Like many people, I thought I was fine because of this fact. I cleaned the equipment before I used it, after I used it, and always washed my hands immediately after. Well guess what… I still ended up catching a nasty skin virus on my hand and had to have a biopsy done. If you don’t know what that means, just imagine someone carving out a crater, in my case, on the palm of my writing hand. It’ll probably take at least a month to heal, and due to complications, I have been put on Antibiotics and Vicoden.


If that’s not enough to scare you, my brother’s friend went into the sauna at the gym and ended up getting Mersa. He caught it too late and ended up getting an ice cream sized scoop taken out of his thigh.


Too much information? Better safe than sorry, I say! So always wash your hands, shower often, cover up or at least be wary of what your skin is touching, and if you don’t already, wear some gloves.


It just might save you the trouble!



[Via http://rachelpangi.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar