Ana içeriğe atla

Food Blogging: Week 2

 


Today marks the conclusion of my second week of daily food blogging. If you’re new to the blog, I’m trying out daily food blogging for 3 weeks! I enjoyed it this week. I really like seeing my day unfold in pictures, and I’m finding it really helps me to make my food day healthy and balanced.


 


I’m also finding it very interesting to see how much of a story unfolds related to what I eat.  Sometimes the day was uneventful, and perfectly planned. And other days life was crazy, and the food was too


 


Breakfast today was a new favorite – one egg scrambled with 2 T of 1% cottage cheese, with some red pepper flakes. The cottage cheese gave it a cheesy feel, and packed in some extra protein!


 



I also had about 1/2 C of raspberries. They’re almost tart they’re so ripe!



 


After breakfast ( a while after breakfast… I love lazy Sundays!) I went for a run. It went awesome! The first part was all uphill, so I did some running some walking. But the last part was all downhill. Much more fun!


 


After my run, I had a much better veggie sandwich than the FAIL for lunch the other day.



Spinach + Tomato + Onion + White Bean/Red Pepper dip + Whole Wheat Bun. It was excellent – the tomatoes are from the Farmer’s Market and so fresh and tasty!


 


I also had an iced coffee .


 



 


I had some more dip with crackers this afternoon ( I love this dip! 2.99 at Superstore )



 


And then we headed down to my parents house for dinner. I had a small glass of red wine while we chatted. (about half of the glass shown)



 


Dinner was great! A green salad, with romaine + tomato + carrots + cucumber + green onion + feta + ranch (about 1/2 T)



Turkey (I like the dark meat best!) + Mashed Potatoes (made with FF sour cream) + Corn on the Cob



A small glass of white wine with dinner (again, about half of shown)



And a teensy slice of cake for dessert.



I had made this cake from Smitten Kitchen – delicious! I subbed the rum for Kahlua (there may have been a leetle tasting of icing this afternoon!)


 


This is the view from my parent’s house – isn’t it gorgeous?!


 


            












Overall healthiness of today? Pretty good. A small slice of cake, but we were celebrating. It looks like I had more wine than I really did


I’m so glad I went for a run this morning though – I think it helped balance the day!



[Via http://thewayiseetoday.wordpress.com]


Yorumlar