Ana içeriğe atla

Weekend Recap (Did you miss me?)

It has been quite the ghost town for the past week on Fitness Blondie, huh? Well, I had good reason. Initially I was going to take some time off to work on my book. I have been posting 7 times a week, which is great, but I felt like each post was not getting the proper time and exposure it needed, plus it was super time consuming. My creative levels were high though, so I went with it. However, I wanted to dive back into my book to finish a few more chapters. I planned to focus on that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. 

Unfortunately, that did not happen. I worked 10-12 hour days last week with "end of the month" accounting going on, lots of problems with that, planning my third quarter "town hall" event, and meetings upon meetings. It was all I could go to work then go to the gym. It happens, I guess. 

Friday morning I was wore slam out. It was 95 degrees by 9 AM, sun was blazing, and I had a ton of errands to run for the event. I got the food from a local membership club, loaded everything, drove to the office, then had to go to a cornhole board since we were one short for our "company tournament", pick up tea from Panera, get sodas from a local grocer, rush back to the park, unload everything, leave to go get ice, then finally come back and help setup then cleanup. I was sweating profusely, felt dead tired, but it was so awesome to see everyone having such an amazing time. I truly love planning all of our events and all of the hard work and chaos that comes with it. Seeing happy people makes it all worth it.
I do not know how, but after work, I managed to go to the gym for leg day. I pushed through 35 minutes of cardio and heavy leg training

After the gym, I went home to shower and get ready, then I met my girlfriend Alexis for a cocktail and chocolate fondue at none other then "The Melting Pot". A drink never tasted so good after a week like that.


After our drink and dessert, we went to a "luxury" movie theater to see "As Above, So Below". I am a horror junkie and was stoked to see the movie. The theater was very cool as well. The seats were spread out and very comfortable; I loved all of the cushion. The movie was great too; I was surprised by the good story line, it was intriguing, interesting, weird, and scary. Also, the ending was great.


Saturday I was dragging. I felt like crap. At 11 I finally drug myself out of bed, threw on a pair of jeans, picked up a smoothie at Smoothie King (with extra caffeine), then took off to Greensboro to spend the night with my grandma and grandpa. 


I brought my laptop to my grandparents in hopes of getting some work done, but guess what? That did not happen. For literally 5-6 hours, my grandmother and I sat in the sunroom chatting. It is such a blessing to be so close with them. The view was beautiful too.


In true grandparent weekend fashion, my papa fired up the grill and I had the best NY Strip a girl could ask for and a salad. That is my idea of a perfect meal.


My grandmother and I spent the rest of the evening watching the Brittany Murphy movie and special on Lifetime, and I was actually in bed pretty early.

Yesterday I slept in then hit the road back to Charlotte. I had a ton of errands to run. I had to go to the grocery store, Pet Smart, and Target. I also treated myself to a "Wheatgrass Shot". Drinking it tastes like death, but the benefits are killer.


My last stop was picking out new clothes for work at New York and Company. They were having a killer sale, plus I had a coupon. Buy 1 get 1 half off and a $70 off $150 or more coupon. You can't beat that. I found a lot of classy and gorgeous items.

When I finally arrived home, I spent hours and hours cleaning up and food prepping. Around 8 PM I sat down to call it night. I'm still a little tired this morning, but ready to make it a great week!

Yorumlar