Ana içeriğe atla

My ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!


If you are not supportive of the ice bucket challenge you have seen floating around social media, I can understand. However, I want to add: you are missing the point.

The point of this is NOT to pour ice on your head to NOT donate. It is to do both. The ice bucket challenge has been a fun and interesting way to come together and bring awareness to a heartbreaking disease.

This disease is called "Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis" also known as "Lou Gehrig's disease".

The "ice bucket challenge" has brought in incredible numbers. Last year the ALS Association received 19.4 million dollars. This month alone that number has doubled with over 800,000 new donors. That is absolutely incredible and shows how well we as people can come together.

Please take a couple of minutes and educate yourself about this disease. There is no cure and treatment is very expensive. Both of my parents suffer from incurable diseases: my father has cancer (not curable) and my mother has multiple sclerosis. Any time I see an opportunity such as this to bring awareness to an awful disease that so many people suffer from and fight on a daily basis, I want to do my part to try and make a difference.

Please donate if you can -- if you cannot donate money, donate time... donate your voice. There are many ways to get involved and make a difference. There is nothing too small or too little; every single person in this world can help and bring change. 

My donation will be in honor of my grandmother Minnie Gallimore who passed away from ALS. 

Helpful Resources:

Yorumlar