Ana içeriğe atla

Clean Apple Crisp


Apple crisp has to be one of my favorite desserts. It's a comfort food, it's delicious, and if you think about it - it contains two main ingredients that the body thrives on. Substitute a few of the other ingredients for healthier options, and you have a much more nutritional way to enjoy this comfort food. Apples and oats are some of my everyday staples for food. As I was planning my menu for this upcoming week, I remembered I had apples I needed to use before they went bad. The apple crisp idea immediately came to me. This is a cleaner way to make it. It may not taste as sweet and fabulous as you grew up with, but since it is such a healthier alternative, it's worth it.

  • 6-8 apples  (I love green apples)
  • 1 cup of health oats
  • 1 cup of unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 2 tablespoons of light butter 
  • Ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup of Stevia or sugar substitute of choice
  • 1/2 cup of light brown sugar or brown sugar splenda
  • 3 tablespoons of oat/coconut/almond/wheat flour
  • Optional: almond silvers or any type of nut
  • Optional: protein powder
  • Optional: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
What you do:
  • Preheat over to 350 degrees
  • Slice apples
  • Mix Stevia, cinnamon, and a tablespoon of flour all together in a small bowl.


  • Spray pan of choice with nonstick spray
  • Place apples along the bottom of pan
  • Sprinkle dry ingredients over apples
  • Pour half a cup of unsweetened almond milk over apples and sweetened mixture.
  • In a medium-large sized bowl mix oats, half a cup of almond milk, 2 tablespoons of flour, light brown sugar, butter, and any other optional ingredients you wish to add
  • Pour mixture over top of the apples - the mixture should be bettwen thick and creamy to crumbled. 
  • Bake for 45-55 minutes. I usually bake longer because I like the apples really soft.
  • Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts
This vary based upon different ingredents, specific brands, and portions used. This is to be used as a guide only.
Serving size: 8
  •    Calories: 125
  •    Fat: 2g
  •    Carbohydrates: 23g
  •    Sugar: 10g
  •    Fiber: 4g
  •    Protein: 2g

Yorumlar