Ana içeriğe atla

Clean Chocolate Protein Cake


This recipe came to be, by accident. That is kind of the story of my life, ha! I was craving protein pancakes for breakfast, but I suck at making pancakes. I just cannot master the art. There are SO many protein pancake recipes out there so I decided to start from scratch and find the perfect protein pancake recipe for me. I was mixing the batter then I had a light bulb go off in my head. I thought "why don't I just make this as a cake". So that is why I did. It is SUPER easy to make and delicious. I have been having this as my breakfast. It's packed with protein, complex carbohydrates, and a good amount of fiber. It is a balanced meal and perfect for when you are on the go. I love telling people I have been eating cake for breakfast and still losing weight. It's fun. 

  • 1 1/2 cups of oats
  • 2 scoops of chocolate protein
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 tablespoons of liquid Stevia or 4 packs of Stevia
  • Optional: 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate morsels
What you do:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Spray a small cake pan thoroughly with nonstick spay (I use an 8 x 8)
  • Put ALL ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until it forms a creamy, semi thick mixture (you could try mixing everything in a large bowl with a spoon if you do not have either of the above, but I am not sure how it would turn out. WalMart has cheap but good blenders such as this one)
  • Pour into batter into baking pan
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes
  • Let cool for 15-20 minutes
  • Enjoy as is, or top with fresh fruit! 

Nutritional Information:
This will vary depending upon brands of ingredients used, portions, etc. This is to be used as a guide only
Total Servings: 4
Serving size: 1 slice
*If you are consuming this as a dessert and not a meal, I recommend doubling the total servings to 8
Calories: 210
Fat: 4g
Carbohydrates: 19g
Fiber: 4g
Sugar: 2g
Protein: 19g


Try Quest Protein Bars!

Yorumlar