Ana içeriğe atla

The Awesome Valentine's Weekend Recap!

Friday morning started with a delay at work. Snow all day Wednesday and Thursday made Friday quite difficult to drive through. Thankfully the high was 50, so a lot of it was going to melt. I spent 30 minutes getting snow and ice off of my car then drove to work. My office is only about 2 miles from my apartment, but the drive there was not fun. I arrived around 10:30 and the staff was scarce. Thus it made my work load a little more than normal. Around 12:30 I left the office to go get my weekly B12 injection and weigh. I lost 2.5 pounds last week! Total down: 30.7 pounds since November 25th! That is so exciting. Thankfully the roads were getting better and better.
Image Map

I ended up working late then had to go to the bank and UPS for my boss. Since I was really tired, worked late, and still so sore from my Hot Mess Express work out at home, I decided to take the evening off from the gym. So while I was out I picked up two Redbox movies and a pizza, and went home to enjoy Valentine's night. Ha! I also made myself a "Skinnytini" cocktail - Mixed Berry Powerade Zero and 1 shot of Smirnoff Raspberry Light vodka. My best friend Kelly did come by for a little while before she went out, so that was sweet.



Saturday, yesterday, was a great day. I had a solid 10 hours of sleep and it felt glorious. I took my time getting out of bed and made breakfast. I then had to go run my usual Saturday morning errands. I usually try to get those finished as quickly as possible, but I had fun looking around for once. I also had some coupons that I was excited to use.


This little cutie always loves to watch me put me up groceries - there are usually new treats for him. Smart!


I was most excited about my deals at GNC! I had to stock up on my Quest Bars, of course. I had a $10 off coupon so I was able to get 13 assorted Quest Bars for only $18 bucks! Then because I have a valid gym membership, I was able to get my Gold card renewed for another year (it is usually $15 dollars) and a free shaker cup. I even got to choose the one I wanted so duh, a pink one! At Ulta I had a coupon and points to use. I needed more body wash and I love the "Vita Bath" brand - it is packed with vitamins and with the cold, dry weather, my skin needs it. I also picked up my eye liner, I have been wearing the same kind for 10 years now. I will probably never cheat on it, ha! Both of those were only $6 together! Diva on a budget!


After I put my groceries up and had lunch, Kelly came over and we went to the gym at 2. It was a great work out in the books - 45 minutes of cardio and an upper body weight circuit. I love how she and I make each other push harder, faster, and longer. That is what best friends are for!


After the gym we came back to my apartment and I made us chocolate, banana, and spinach protein shakes. We then watched "The Place Beyond The Pines" while talking, playing on the computer, showering and getting ready. It felt like a good night for she and I to go out and have a girl's night. What is better?!



She and I went to one of our favorite places in my neighborhood; "Cosmo's". It is an upscale sushi restaurant and around 10:30 every night they move the tables and chairs on the bottom floor, and turn it into a dance floor. They have lots of neon lights, a projector, and everything. I love it when it gets late there. It's seriously a blast. Oh and on Saturday, when we walked in the door we were given a glass of free champs! 


We then split the most delicious sushi - a vegetable roll and my favorite roll in the whole world: "Caley's Comet" (salmon, cream cheese, tempura) and of course a bottle of Pinot.  We stayed out late and the best time. It was the most fun I have had in a while!


Today I slept in until 10:30 AM and I have been super tired ever since. I just could not get with the program. I had breakfast then binged watch Bravo. Kelly came over for a little while (we have been inseparable this weekend) and just hung out with me so that gave me the energy I needed. She left at 3 and I took off to the gym. There is no way I can miss the best work out of the week - legs!


I am a little disappointed in my calorie count. It is normally at least 100 more. However, I'm losing more fat and my heart is getting strong, so I need to make my workouts hard. Next week, I am adding more weight to all of my exercises. It's time to step up the program and keep pushing to get awesome results!

After the gym I went to Panera so I could order my favorite salad - steak and bleu cheese. By the time I got home to eat it, I was shaking I was so hungry. I needed my post workout refuel - yum!


I then prepped my food for the week, cleaned, and took a hot shower. I'm ready for my Atlanta Housewives and Kardashian's, then bed early. My soreness is already setting in. After work tomorrow, I am getting my hair done! I cannot tell you guys how excited I am. I need a hair trim something crazy, my red steaks have faded a lot, and I need my roots done. Your girl needs some help! I hope you guys had a great weekend!

Don't forget to link-up today with these awesome ladies to share your weekend! 

Yorumlar