Ana içeriğe atla

Guest Blogger: Barbara Binder on Ashtanga Yoga with Griffin Litwin

Ashtanga Yoga with Griffin Litwin

I walked into my first ever yoga class at the Buchanan Rec Center in September of 2013. All I wanted to do was add a little stretching into my exercise routine. Instead, I was introduced to Ashtanga Yoga by Evergreen’s newest certified instructor, Griffin Litwin. Yes, there’s plenty of stretching in Griffin's classes, but there’s so much more. I was completely surprised by what a great workout one can have in an Ashtanga class, and by how fabulous I felt walking out of every session.

When I attended that class in September, I was still recovering from several leg surgeries (most recently an ACL replacement) and dealing with a significant amount of pain. Griffin brings a solid understanding of anatomy to his yoga classes, and was able to help me increase my strength and flexibility while keeping my knee protected. It was quite a surprise that just a month after I began practicing, I was able to walk comfortably with scuba tanks and weights strapped on my back -- something I was unable to do on a summer dive trip.

Incorporating yoga into my life has had a immediate impact on all my outdoor activities. My breathing is more controlled and I'm much stronger on my bike and skis. The increased flexibility that I was originally looking for has been a terrific side benefit to everything else I’m gaining from Ashtanga. 

The best news? My husband was so taken by my enthusiasm for Yoga and by the positive changes to my body that he decided to start practicing with Griffin, too.

Come give it a try. I'll see you there.
—Barb Binder

   Evergreen, Colorado



Adobe Certified Instructor
Rocky Mountain Training



Yorumlar